Sunday, July 19, 2009

Back in Business

So I've had a design dry spell lately. Adjusting to life on a laptop and sans mouse, I had trouble finding the same spark I did on InDesign before. And then this happened:



Introducing Bottoms Up, formerly the Intern Diaries and my Disney-esque sitcom about two BFFs working in NYC. I really like the design for this. I also find it really sad how I insist on creating templates for every script or story I write. Whatever the case, this design shares some elements with F.Y.I. (namely the fonts and the black--I need to get over that!), but more or less will probably be recycled for something with more meaning someday.

Nonetheless, I forgot how much time you can spend designing a spread--especially before you have a template. I also forgot how much I loved it. :)

I've written half of the Bottoms Up pilot and the script is okay. I gave up on sitcom format and returned to my old stage format that I used for HSY. As of the late, I've been dabbling with both HSY and Bottoms Up. I don't know if I'll have HSY 3 done by the end of the summer, but I'll certainly try. It remains hard to get into but I really do like what I have so far.

Well, that's all. I should consider bed, seeing I have to get up at 8:30 tomorrow. Oh, golly gee whiz! How exciting!


OH P.S. I AM FINISHING THE COLLEGE GUIDE THING. That is a PROMISE, and thus requires all caps. Hold me to it, VW/Miliana/Alex/Lenore/Sara/Whoever else reads this!

1 comment:

  1. Holding you to it....
    Looking forward to your next post, as well... :)

    ReplyDelete